Sign Up for My Mailing List for Homebrew Tours and Beer Events
My Current Top 5 Beers: Winter Edition
1) Boulevard Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale: At long last, this exquisite saison—a rush of tropical fruit, pepper and hay, with a head that lasts for days—is available in NYC. It won’t leave my fridge anytime soon.
2) Brooklyn ½ Ale : Just 3.4 percent ABV and socked with loads of lemony Sorachi Ace, this is the brunch beer of my dreams.
3) Stillwater Mono: One of the first releases in Stillwater’s Contemporary Works line, Mono is a dry-hopped pilsner done up with aromas of tangerine, grapefruit and grass. Yum.
4) Oskar Blues Pinner Throwback IPA: All puns aside, this dank drinker smells like a double IPA but is only 4.9 percent ABV, meaning I can pound a six-pack and still walk a straight line.
5) Other Half Green Diamonds: The first canned release from Brooklyn’s breakout new brewery is a doozy: a double IPA crammed with gobs of Australia’s melon-y Galaxy hops. You won't find much bitterness here.