1) Firestone Walker Pale 31: With summer in full sweaty swing, I'm increasingly craving light, flavorful beers I can guzzle by the gallon. My latest addiction is this aromatic little thirst-quencher from California's finest pale-ale brewery.
2) Founders All Day IPA: I love IPAs with all my bitter heart, but if I drink four or more I'll be passed out on the floor. The solution is this crisp, citrusy, low-alcohol sweetheart from one of Michigan's best breweries.
3) Allagash White: Summer in the Northeast means lobster rolls, whole-belly clams and beach vacation with my toes in the sand and my hands wrapped around a bottle of this Maine-brewed masterpiece. Witbiers are rarely more refreshing.
4) Black Market Brewing 1945 Berliner Weisse: On a recent California trip, one of the more pleasant surprises was this Temecula-based brewery Berliner weisse. It was tart, lively assassinator of thirst. I approve.
5) Jester King Le Petit Prince: The bottle-conditioned easy-sipper is smooth and effervescent, with a spicy, grassy profile and a touch of tartness. At just 2.9 percent ABV, you can gulp Le Petit Prince like Gatorade and not feel worse for the wear. It's one of my favorite beers from Texas.